American Refining Group Inc. (ARG) delivers specialty refining solutions for diverse market applications. Our product line includes base oils, solvents, waxes, resins, fuels and blended lubes. We are an ESOP company with an ownership culture throughout. As the trusted partner of choice, we focus on continuously improving our processes to ensure our offerings meet and exceed expectations. We take great pride in prioritizing safety, integrity and environmental stewardship while delivering high-quality petroleum products, services and relations. ARG’s philanthropic, entrepreneurial spirit encourages employees to inspire, innovate and contribute to our collective wellbeing, in our own communities and beyond.JOB SUMMARY
The Reliability Engineer provides technical assistance and support for rotating equipment, including compressors and turbines, to ensure mechanical integrity and operational reliability. Individuals in this position will work cross-functionally with Technicians, Process and Project Engineers, Operations, Maintenance and other personnel to troubleshoot problems, support in the repairs and upgrades of equipment and address both tactical and strategic improvements. They assist with the implementation of various changes across the refinery to achieve and maintain industry-best practices and applicable OSHA standards. Under minimal supervision, successful candidates will seek to understand underlying causes for equipment failure and strive to minimize &/or eliminate reactive work.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as technical lead and offers hands-on support for equipment repairs and rebuilds.
- Makes recommendations to implement/expedite repairs on failed equipment and seeks ways to improve design of process equipment.
- Inspects, audits or conducts field performance tests on equipment as needed; provides input and takes action to improve overall system(s) reliability.
- Lead discipline specific Management of Change (MOC) initiatives and contribute to those requiring cross-functional review.
- Assists in reviewing spare part and spare equipment strategy for maximizing life cycle of new and existing machinery.
- Reviews or creates operational procedures for plant equipment; develops standard operating procedures for maintenance.
- Provides support to develop, monitor and refine asset maintenance plans for both preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Works to improve Mean-Time-Between Failures (MTBF) by examining reliability and field data such as vibration readings and oil analysis results.
- Leads the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans; participates in Pre-Start up Safety Reviews.
- Collaborates with Project & Process Engineers to ensure the suitability and sustainability of new and modified installations.
- Assist in Failure Mode Effect/Risk Analysis studies to identify and prioritize critical equipment.
- Participates in the process(es) of preparing bid packages, establishing specifications, design and fabrication of drawings, as well as recommend manufacturers for capital projects.
- Contribute to or lead incident investigations to determine root cause of equipment malfunction; develops engineering solutions for repetitive failures (Bad Actors) including reporting and corrective action processes.
- Works to establish, grow and promote in-house Mechanical Integrity Program; identifies scorecards to track leading and lagging performance indicators (KPI).
- Evaluates equipment history and failure modes to determine preventative and predictive maintenance strategies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline.
- Background with rotating equipment; preference will be given to candidates with experience in compressors and turbines.
- Working knowledge of API, ANSI, ASME standards is desirable.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications including Access, Excel, Word and Outlook with exposure to various other maintenance management software.
- COVID-19 vaccine is required for any new hire to this position; candidates must provide proof of full vaccination (reasonable accommodations will be considered).
Location/Region: Bradford, PA