American Refining Group Inc. (ARG) delivers specialty refining solutions for diverse market applications. Our product line includes base oils, solvents, waxes, resins, fuels, and blended lubes. We are an ESOP company with an ownership culture throughout. As the trusted partner of choice, we focus on continuously improving our processes to ensure our offerings meet and exceed expectations. We take great pride in prioritizing safety, integrity and environmental stewardship while delivering high-quality petroleum products, services, and relations. ARG’s philanthropic, entrepreneurial spirit encourages employees to inspire, innovate and contribute to our collective wellbeing, in our own communities and beyond.
The Instrumentation Technician position inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and systems utilized by production and manufacturing equipment to ensure adherence with established performance levels, operational requirements, and product quality. Individuals in this role possess above average aptitude working with various plant instrumentation devices to install, program, and maintain digital and analog instrumentation, DCS, PLC, Hybrid process control systems, fiber optics and related interfacing and I/O devices. Under minimal supervision, success involves increasing knowledge of new technologies as it applies to refinery instrumentation practices.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for installation, calibration, monitoring and maintenance of control instrumentation including electronic control systems.
- Works to convert pneumatic control systems to computerized control systems throughout refinery.
- Assist with programming of scheduled testing and maintenance of environmental monitoring equipment and on-stream analytical equipment.
- Perform rebuilds and calibration of flow, temperature, pressure and level transmitters and control valves.
- Install, program, and maintain all truck and railcar loading/unloading equipment including meters, temperature compensation, control valves and dye injection systems.
- Conducts on-site analysis to locate the sources of control, instrumentation or operating problems and implements solutions.
- Inspects meters, indicators, and gauges to detect abnormal fluctuations; calibrates instrumentation according to requirements and specifications
- Respond to operator trouble reports; retain records related to maintenance requests and work orders, including solutions performed and materials used.
- Maintains and updates electrical and instrumentation prints using AutoCad.
- May be required to operate forklift to transport and assist with oversized parts or heavy equipment.
- Participate in Refinery Hazops, Process Safety Management (PSM) and Environmental Management plans.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Contractors and other stakeholders on facility expansion and modernization projects.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
- Associates Degree in Instrumentation, Electrical or Mechatronics Technology required with 3-5 years related work experience preferred.
- Minimum eight to ten (8-10) years of related on-the-job experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- Instrument Society of America (ISA) certification is beneficial; refinery maintenance and process operating experience is desirable.
- Must possess and retain valid motor vehicle driver’s license.
- Proficient in the use of computers and Windows based programs including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as other applicable software.
- COVID-19 vaccine is required for any new hire to this position; candidates must provide proof of full vaccination (reasonable accommodations will be considered).
Location/Region: Bradford, PA