LPN/RN Needed in Bradford PA! Night shift; Full Time
Schedule: Rotating Schedule; 6P-6A
Sign On Bonus!
General Purpose: Provides effective and efficient patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse and in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, applicable law and regulation, accepted standards of nursing practice, payor requirements and Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Graduate of an accredited vocational school for LPN/LVN and licensed to practice in the state in which employed. License is active and in good standing.
* Prefer at least 1200 hours of experience as an LPN within the last 12 months or participates in an office preceptor program.
* Recognize and report changes in the patient’s condition to the RN supervisor.
* Complete timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing patient’s progress.
* Assist the RN or physician in performing specialized procedures and duties.
* Assist the RN in carrying out the patient plan of care.
* Assist the client in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
* Able to perform CPR.
* Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
* Able to travel within geographic area serviced by office from assignment to assignment.
* Complete other assignments as requested and assigned.
* May have access to protected health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
* Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
* Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient.
* Able to visually and auditorially observe the patient.
* Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient and scheduling needs.
* Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
* Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.
* Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
* Able to effectively communicate, including the ability to read, write, and verbally report clinical information to clients, client’s caregivers and family, and agency staff.
* Able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks or functions.
* Two (2) positive references.
* Meets applicable state and federal health screening requirements.
* Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background checks where required.
* Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with local, state, and federal law and regulations.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Work is normally performed in patient’s home, schools, or occupational settings.
* Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
* Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely and assist patients with standing, walking and transferring.
* Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers or palm, e.g., manipulate pen, syringes, vials, knobs or objects.
* Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.
Location/Region: Bradford, PA (16701)