GKN Sinter Metals
3rd Shift Supervisor
GKN Sinter Metals Emporium has an immediate opening for a 3rd Shift Supervisor.
Summary of Function:
Oversees, monitors, coordinates, trains and facilitates production team activities, giving importance to individual member’s and overall team’s achievement of established goals as it relates to safety, quality, delivery, cost and teamwork. This position ensures shift goals are aligned with and representative of the company’s vision and strategy. A successful candidate acts as liaison between team members and the rest of the organization.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in manufacturing environment. This position requires knowledge of operations and Lean manufacturing concepts. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office are also desired. This position requires the ability to motivate employees, exceptional communication and organizational skills, and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships. Accountability, ability to manage performance, develop and coach direct reports and department members is also a must.
• Implement and follow all safety practices and preventative safety measures
• Direct, supervise and coordinate production operations
• Facilitate team building activities through coaching and mentoring
• Champion product quality, workmanship, methods and processes to meet internal and customer requirements.
• React to and take action upon non-value added or cost issues that may arise during production activities.
• Utilize skills, knowledge, abilities, experience, staff hours, machines, and tools to most economical advantage
• Recognize and react to equipment issues.
• Provide input to management to facilitate effective cost reduction, work simplification, scheduling, or other continuous improvement measures.
• Review performance of, coach for improvement, and set objectives for all reporting to this position
• Maintain and train a skilled, flexible and efficient work force
• Coordinate quality efforts and achieve quality standards
• Champion 5S and housekeeping programs
We offer a highly competitive wage and benefits package. Veterans, Disabled Individuals, Minority, and Female candidates are encouraged to apply. If you meet the qualifications listed above, reply in confidence with resume or application by September 21, 2020.
GKN Sinter Metals
Renee McKimm, Sr Human Resource Manager
1 Airport Road
Emporium, PA 15834
Or email at email@example.com
GKN Sinter Metals is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to veterans, disabled individuals, minorities, and females.
ISO 14001/OSHAS 18001