The Senior Project Engineer provides support to the Project Manager and the Project Superintendent. The support goals include Goal Setting, Planning, Communicating, Organizing, Implementing, and Tracking.
Regular Job Duties
- Acquire, organize, review and distribute project submittals
- Maintain Plan Drawings and Revisions
- Create and maintain all required Project Logs
- Perform Material Take-Offs
- Communicate with the owner and client representatives
- Calculate pricing and issue contracts and purchase orders for subcontractors and suppliers
- Schedule subcontractor work and supplier material deliveries
- Maintain a highly organized work area and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Write reports, business correspondence, and project documents
- Present information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Other unlisted duties will be assigned
- Preference given for a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or similar degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Moderate to high level of proficiency operating Primavera 3 and 6
- Moderate to high level of proficiency operating MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Be able to communicate in English via verbal and written communications
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and utilize Construction Math concepts
- Valid driver license for occasional, required travel
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Some exposure to outdoors with changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind
- Ability to physically maneuver by foot minor obstacles at construction projects
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Location/Region: Fairfax, VA